Membership in Southern Arizona Hiking Club (SAHC) is open to anyone interested
in hiking, and willing to abide by the Code of Conduct
- Membership dues are $25 per year (with 3 and 5 year discounts available).
- Additional family memberships are $15 each per year.
- A one-month temporary membership is $10.
The membership year runs from October 1 through September 30 for all club
members. Those who join prior to July 1 will have their membership expire on
September 30 of the current year. For those who join on or after July 1, the
membership will expire September 30 of the following year instead. So if you
join today for 1 year, then your membership will expire on September 30, 2024.
A one-month Temporary Membership is also available through the online
application. An additional family member can also be included.
Code Of Conduct
- I want to preserve the outdoors for the full enjoyment of others, and I will:
- Respect all public and private property.
- Leave all gates as found unless signed otherwise.
- Build fires in a safe place and make sure they are put out before leaving.
- Carry out my litter, including apple cores, banana skins, and orange peels.
- Preserve wildlife and not contaminate any water supply.
- On a trail hike, stay on trail and not cut switchbacks.
- I will conduct myself in such a manner as not to impair the safety, health, or enjoyment of others and myself, and I will:
- Accept the leadership and instructions of the guide.
- Bring no pets or firearms.
- Not participate in any outing which is beyond my physical capability.
- Bring food, water, clothing and equipment which is appropriate for each outing.
- Leave no one behind by always waiting for the hiker behind me at all trail junctions, water crossings, snow and other difficult sections of the hike.
To join, fill out the online form and submit your payment.
Or alternatively, you can print, fill out, and mail in a paper application along with your dues.